Help us use genetics to improve healthcare
Work With Us
Seonix is a developing world leading technology to identify those at genetic risk of glaucoma and other blinding eye diseases so they can be diagnosed and treated earlier. We are passionate about delivering genetic risk information to prevent vision loss.
We’re growing, so if you’re a skilled, self-motivated and dedicated team player who is looking to work in an exciting and rewarding environment, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Seonix Bio is a fast growing clinical genetics company developing polygenic risk score products and services, initially for eye health. Our first offering is a polygenic risk score for glaucoma that helps clinicians save sight by enabling earlier diagnosis and treatment of those at risk. This will be launched as a clinical service in 2023. Our technology is based on world leading research, published in Nature Genetics, and the company is at the cutting edge of polygenic risk score development.
We are seeking a talented statistical geneticist / bioinformatician to:
• Develop and implement polygenic risk scores and other algorithms for a variety of clinical applications, including methodological development
• Develop statistical models and methods that incorporate both genetic and non-genetic data to improve risk prediction
• Analyse and interpret complex clinical study data, including interfacing with our research partners
The role will be tailored according to experience of the candidate.
The successful candidate will report to the CEO and will work with our Scientific Advisory and software teams. Our leadership team has a track record of building genetics businesses that change clinical care globally, and our Scientific Advisory team is composed of leading academics and clinicians in the area.
We are involved in a number of research projects with collaborators, and there will be opportunities to participate in publications.
The role is full-time, though part-time could be possible for the right candidate. A minimum of 3 days per week is required.
We will offer a competitive package, depending on experience. Remote work is possible for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will play a key role in a small team of committed, talented and friendly people. This is a rare opportunity to join an exciting startup company and make a real impact.
• Ph.D. in a relevant discipline (including a Ph.D. student shortly to submit)
• Strong statistical genetics / bioinformatics skillset
• Strong programming skills, typically with experience of R at a minimum
• Experience in/knowledge of polygenic risk scores, ideally including development and use of associated scores and pipelines, and statistical analysis of data
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team
• Ideally, experience of Nextflow workflow and/or SLURM scheduling
• Ideally, experience with containers and working in the cloud
• Ideally, experience of machine learning/AI algorithms
CLOSING DATE: 30/6/23
Contact Nick Haan (firstname.lastname@example.org)